MomTrusted Privacy Statement
Table of Contents
MomTrusted is committed to protecting the privacy of our users. MomTrusted is a platform that connects parents and education and care service providers, helping parents to find education and communications network that helps parents and education and care providers communicate, share photos, and stay connected. All users have the ability to set their privacy settings and control the information that is shared with other users. This Privacy Statement explains your choices and how your information is protected and shared.
This Privacy Statement explains how MomTrusted handles and protects your information. It does not address how your information may be protected, used, or disclosed by any daycare or early education provider, individual or application with whom you choose to share it. Because MomTrusted cannot control how others handle your information, we encourage you to make thoughtful choices before sharing any information with third parties.
We collect two main types of information: 1) Personally identifiable information, which includes personal information you voluntarily supply when using the MomTrusted services and 2) Non-personally identifiable information, which includes tracking information collected as you navigate through our sites.
Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
When you create a MomTrusted account, you will be asked for demographic information including your name, email address, street address, zip code, phone number, date of birth, gender and your child’s age. You will also create a username and password. There may be other times when MomTrusted may collect personally identifiable information when you search for early education and daycare providers, participate in discussions, contact early education and daycare providers through MomTrusted, and use the services.
When you contact or schedule a tour with an early education or daycare provider MomTrusted may share your name and phone number or email address with that specific early education or daycare provider to assist them in answering your inquiry. MomTrusted allows early education and daycare providers to see users who have saved their profile and/or requested a referral and may share your name, phone number, or email address with the specific early education and daycare provider you save or request a referral from.
From time to time, MomTrusted may collect personal information from users in connection with optional sweepstakes, contests and special offers. If this information is to be shared with a third party other than Mom Trusted, we will notify you at the time of collection. If you do not want any personal information shared, you may always decline to participate in the sweepstakes, contest or special offer.
Mom Trusted also collects personal information from users in connection with voluntary surveys. Data may be collected on our web sites, on the phone or through the mail. You can always decline to participate in surveys. If you choose to participate, the information you provide when answering survey questions may be shared, but only in the aggregate, with advertisers and partners and no personally identifiable information will be released unless we notify you otherwise at the time of collection.
Collection of Non-Identifiable Information
We may use “cookies”, web beacons, and similar technologies to help us verify your identity upon return visits to MomTrusted, improve your user experience with our services, and improve and measure the effectiveness of our products. (Cookies are small text files that websites can send to your browser, which your computer stores, that can automatically collect server domain names, IP addresses, type of computer, type of browser, and information about what pages are visited. You can set your browser to decline cookies or notify you before accepting cookies, although if you decline them, the website may not function properly. Web beacons are small bits of code embedded in web pages or emails that can be used to communicate with cookies, count visitors, and understand usage patterns.) We may also use web beacons in communications with you to keep accurate internal logs and to assure proper operation of the service, such as determining if a message to you was delivered and opened. For the continued improvement of our website and services and technical understanding and protection of our users, MomTrusted logs IP (Internet Protocol) addresses.
At times we may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads onto our website. In the course of serving these advertisements, the third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. We do not have access to these cookies or any information that they may contain. Acceptance of cookies from domains other than MomTrusted.com is optional and, in most cases, will not affect your experience with MomTrusted.
To further enhance the user experience, we may, at times, contract with third party suppliers, to track and analyze non-identifiable usage and volume information from our users. Any data collected on behalf of MomTrusted is owned and may be used without restriction or limitation by MomTrusted. MomTrusted remains free to parents because of our partnerships, sponsorships, and consulting revenue. To continue to remain free for our users we reserve the right to publish and/or sell non-personally identifiable information regarding website usage, visitor statistics, customer segmentation, purchasing preference, trends, and other relevant reports in summary format for promotional purposes and as a representative audience for advertisers. Information shared is not personal information, only general summaries of the activities of our visitors and customers.
Your Choices and Information Sharing
MomTrusted gives you meaningful choices about controlling your information – whom you let see it, how much, and when. Your choices include:
- How much information you want to create and store (for example, there are a minimum number of required fields to activate a profile and all other information is optional)
- Who can view the information you choose to share and store
- Which early education and daycare providers you choose to share your information with, if any at all. If you do share information with your providers through MomTrusted, they may be able to respond to you directly or through your MomTrusted account
- Changing any of these preferences and choices at any time
- Closing your account at any time.
Information Use and Sharing by MomTrusted
Routine Uses and Disclosures
- We will use the information you provide to provide services to you and to fulfill your choices about sharing information with individuals and entities, as you direct.
- We will conduct research on the information we collect to better understand the needs of our users and improve our services. We may contact our users individually to offer surveys, promotions or other research opportunities, which may or may not include compensation. Users are always free to decline the invitations and may opt out of receiving additional invitations without affecting their usage of the services or membership status in any way.
- We will use your contact information to communicate with you via email about your account and our services.
- We will create statistical, non-personal information about our users, demographic characteristics and web usage that is aggregated and/or de-identified. We may disclose and/or sell such statistical information as appropriate.
- We will use non-personal demographic and segmentation data to deliver you relevant offers and advertising from our sponsors.
- As described above, we will share your personally identifiable information only with the early education and daycare providers you select or choose.
Uses and Disclosures We Would Make Only With Your Consent
- As described above, we will share your personally identifiable information with individuals and applications only as you direct.
- We will not use or disclose any of your personally identifiable information for marketing purposes, unless you specifically and explicitly consent. You can withdraw your consent to future offers or ads at any time.
- We will use your network and social graph data to provide you with more personalize results.
- If you use MomTrusted with your provider, all updates photos, communications, discussions, and contact information may be shared within that specific provider’s group with the other parents of that provider.
Unusual Disclosures We Could Make Without Your Consent
- We will disclose information based upon a reasonable belief that the disclosures are required by law, including information requested via subpoenas and court orders. We reserve the right to report what appears to be illegal or fraudulent conduct to the proper authorities.
- We may disclose information if we reasonably believe the disclosure is needed to respond to a threat of physical harm, to defend or assert legal rights.
- If we were to transfer assets or operations in connection with a sale, merger, bankruptcy, or other transaction, we may transfer personally identifiable information to the merging or acquiring entity. If so, we would make a good faith effort to require that your personally identifiable information remains subject to essentially the same restrictions as in our Privacy Statement.
We will not disclose personally identifiable information about you except as explained here.
Email This Provider Profile Feature
Mom Trusted.com users may use this feature to e-mail links to Provider Profiles to other individuals on or not on the Site. The e-mail addresses that you supply to this service are not used for any other purpose and will not be shared with any third parties without your permission.
Access to Your Information
You can view the information you and others have submitted into your active MomTrusted account at any time by logging in to your MomTrusted account and clicking edit profile.
Deletion of Your Information
If you delete information from your MomTrusted account, it becomes immediately inaccessible by you and cannot be viewed by anyone else through the MomTrusted application.
Similarly, if you close your account, all of your information will become immediately inaccessible by you and cannot be viewed by anyone else through the MomTrusted application. Your actions, reviews, posts, and other site activity may remain on MomTrusted and visible to the MomTrusted community, but it will not be associated with your account.
For a limited time after data deletion or account termination, backup systems at MomTrusted may still contain the data, although reconstructing it in an identifiable format might or might not be possible.
Of course, if you have already shared information through MomTrusted with an early education or daycare provider, individual or application, and that person or entity has already saved it, the information will persist in their records. As mentioned above, MomTrusted does not have access to or control over anything you choose to share with third parties. If you believe that you have shared incorrect information with your early education or daycare provider, you may need to contact them directly to get your records corrected or annotated.
We are committed to keeping personal information secure. We use technical, administrative, and physical controls to protect personal information from loss, misuse, or alteration. For example, we impose controls that limit internal access to your information. If we share personal information with subcontractors, we subject them to strict contractual and legal controls regarding the protection, use, and disclosure of the information as required by federal law.
There is always some risk that unauthorized, wrongful, or illegal access to your information could occur or that encryption over the Internet could be intercepted. If a breach of the security of personal information ever occurred, we would provide you with all notifications required by federal and state law.
Because personally identifiable information is held in your MomTrusted accounts, we urge you to take strong precautions to protect your username and password.
You must be at least eighteen (18) years of age to create an account with MomTrusted.
Business and Professional Users
This Privacy Statement describes the way that personal information of individual users is protected and handled. Businesses and professionals involved with MomTrusted should also review the terms of any contractual or legal requirements applicable to them.
Any updates to the Privacy Statement will be dated and posted here. Most updates are expected to reflect ongoing changes in our services or applicable laws or be editorial in nature. However, if we make material changes in this Privacy Statement, we will email you or post a prominent notice on the MomTrusted home page at least seven days before the new Privacy Statement takes effect. Your use of the website constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Statement and any updates.
MomTrusted welcomes your comments. If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Statement or our information practices, please contact us using this webform. If you have technical or general support questions, please email us at info@MomTrusted.com.
This Privacy Statement is effective January 28, 2013.